Wow your wedding guests with our award winning wedding cakes in DC, Virginia and Maryland
Our custom wedding cakes are as unique as its couple. We plan with every client to incorporate your personal style and design to bring your vision to life and offer the best wedding cake for your needs. We will make your special day one to remember through a stunning wedding cake with customizable cake flavors, fillings, design styles, and color schemes to coordinate with your chosen wedding colors.
The consultation appointment includes a tasting and discussion of the individual design of your wedding cake. We offer a wide variety of speciality designs and countless flavor options, fillings and finishing work details that you can choose. We welcome your input and will guide you along each step to help design the perfect cake for your wedding day.
Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC, Custom Wedding Cakes
Savvy Treat Rockville bakery location serves the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. With over 30 + years of baking experience designing unique custom cakes, Savvy Treats has been awarded the Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award over six times. Savvy Treats offers beautiful wedding cake designs with endless flavor combinations and creative possibilities.
Our Rockville Maryland bakery is a great central location for Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia residents to stop by in person and begin the planning process on a cake for your wedding day. Give us a call at 301-762-1745 to setup your custom wedding cake appointment and we can begin the design planning process and allow you to sample some of our best selling flavors.
Complete our form
Get a quote for your cake idea in 24hrs
Payment & delivery date scheduled
- Reserve Your Date- Reserve your slot for your custom wedding cake design once you have your wedding day locked in.
- Order your cake samples or stop by for an in person tasting at our Rockville location- We have many different flavors of our custom wedding cakes available, and would recommend sampling at least 2-3 flavor combinations of cake and filling to decide which one best suits your needs.
- Begin planning the cake design- You can email us your wedding cake design inspiration or bring it to your scheduled appointment. Do keep in mind that designs that are more labor intensive will result in a higher cost per serving. Average wedding cake costs for each guest are approximately $6-10 on average for our designs.
- Finalize details and payment, and schedule your wedding cake delivery- We require all cake designs to be finalized at least a few weeks prior to your scheduled delivery. Cakes can be delivered within a 25 mile radius of our Rockville location, additional fees may apply for locations slightly outside of this range.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a wedding cake cost?
What factors determine the price of my wedding cake?
Do we offer gluten-free wedding cakes?
Do you offer wedding cakes in Washington, DC?
What does my custom wedding cake appointment entail?
How can we see more custom wedding cake images?
What kind of cake flavors and cake fillings do you offer?
Do you provide dessert tables or gifts?
Do you deliver custom wedding cakes?
What if I have nut allergies?
When is payment due for our wedding cake?
What size wedding cake do you recommend?
What are my wedding cake options if I am on a tighter budget?
Can we save the leftovers of our wedding cake?
Every wedding cake is unique and customized for our clients. Our wedding day delivery minimum starts at $500 but we are happy to help coordinate pick up of smaller orders.
Our simple buttercream cakes start at $6 per slice. Cakes decorated with fondant start at $7.00 per slice and increase based on the design and the intricacy of each design.
Carved cakes and groom cakes start at $350, serving a minimum of 25 servings.
A number of different factors contribute to the cost of a custom wedding cake. When choosing your design, take the following into consideration so you can determine what cake will work for your desired budget:
- Time to bake, design and decorate your cake
- Ingredients chosen (special ingredients, dairy free or gluten free options tend to cost more)
- Flavor choices (speciality flavors have upcharges)
- Size of cake and tiers selected
- Intricacy and hours of labor required to create the design
- Choice of frosting (buttercream is usually less expensive than fondant)
- Delivery and setup costs
- Any customization to your design choice
- Cake toppers
Yes, our delicious chocolate and vanilla Gluten-Free wedding cakes can be made to order and designs all depending on individual dietary needs.
Yes, Savvy Treats has been providing some of the best wedding cakes in Washington, DC for over a decade. We also serve Virginia and Maryland.
Once you have reserved your wedding date with our bakery, you can choose to set up an in person or virtual custom wedding cake appointment. This appointment is included in the cost of your wedding cake and will include the following:
- Design and size discussion
- Cake tasting to determine flavor choices
- Delivery estimates and planning
- Venue setup
Your custom wedding cake is available in a variety of flavor Options. For a full list of flavors click here.
Yes. We also provide custom dessert tables and sweet gifts for guests are priced by order. For more personalized pricing please fill out the wedding form below. We will be in contact shortly to discuss specific details and designs
Savvy Treats offers local custom wedding cake delivery and display setup in Rockville, Maryland as well as its surrounding areas in Washington DC and Virginia.
Savvy Treats bakes with all types of nuts, flour, dairy and sugar on the premises, so Savvy Treats is NOT recommended for those with severe allergies to these ingredients. We do offer gluten-free wedding cakes.
50% deposit is required to reserve your slot for your wedding cake. Final payments are due two weeks prior to your wedding date after materials have been received to create your wedding cake design. Our wedding cakes range from $100- $1,000 depending on the complexity of your custom wedding cake design choice, and our average serving costs are around $6-10 per guest.
The list below provides recommendations for what size cake to select based on the size of your wedding. Usually each cake can be accommodated to add 2-3 tiers depending on design choice.
- 6 inch round 12 servings
- 8 inch round 24 servings
- 9 inch round 32 servings
- 10 inch round 38 servings
- 12 inch round 56 servings
- 14inch round 78 servings
There are a few ways to reduce the costs of your wedding cake if you are working with a limited budget. Below are a few options we would recommend:
- Stick to a simple cake design and choose standard fillings and flavors (some specialty flavors are upcharges)
- Serve half servings of your cake to maximize the number of guests you are able to serve with a smaller cake choice.
- Include a less expensive sheet cake with your wedding cake design order to accommodate additional cake servings for larger weddings
- Choose designs made with buttercream over fondant, as fondant is more expensive due to the labor required to create a custom design with it.
It has been a long standing tradition for brides and grooms to save the top tier of their wedding cake to share for the night of their wedding or on their first anniversary. If you are interested in this, just notify a Savvy Treats baker prior to your scheduled delivery and we will provide additional packaging to save and preserve the top tier of your cake to put in the freezer and share for a special date in the future.
For more information on custom wedding cake delivery options, please call 301-762-1745 anytime Monday through Thursday from 10am-5pm or Friday- Saturday from 10am-6pm.